Loved Kanieka’s sweetheart attitude and delightful desserts! We had to interview her on her creative custom candy apples for her company, Kreative Kandi Apples.
what made you start Kreative Kandi Apples?
When my daughter turned 1 (5/28/10), we gave her a carnival themed birthday party and I thought how cute and appropriate it would be to make some candy apples. After her party, I made some for my brothers graduation as well as our family reunion. It wasn’t until after the family reunion that I thought, “WOW, I can do something with this idea.”
It wasn’t the ordinary cake or cupcake thing that EVERYONE had going so I decided why not start up my own candy apple business! 🙂
why the name Kreative Kandi Apples?
I was talking to a friend of mine and I told her that I needed to come up with a business name ASAP because I was going to be selling my apples at a holiday boutique at my job. We brainstormed for like an hour or so and came up with Kreative Kandi Apples. I was very creative when it comes to my apples and since my name starts with a K, it was only proper to make the name start with a K.
what’s your favorite kind of candy apple?
My hands down favorite is Apple Pie.
do you have any advice my dear for brides on wedding planning?
- First of all, remember that you are planning a MARRIAGE and not just a wedding.
- Remember this is YOUR wedding! Limit who you talk to about your wedding. Not everyone will care about it the way you do.
- Keep organized and stay on time.
- KNOW YOUR BUDGET and be realistic about what you can afford vs what you want.
- Make sure you do all your research. Take your time when picking out a venue, photographer, etc.
- Be sure to take time away from wedding planning every once in a while and spend some quality time with your fiance WITHOUT talking about the wedding.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Make sure your hire a good photographer. You don’t EVER want to look back at your wedding photos and not be happy with them.
- On the day of the wedding, be sure to take it all in and enjoy your special day.
want your own awesome custom candy apples from Kanieka?
Check out Kreative Kandi Apples here.
Want more wedding planning tips? Say hello and send questions my way for future Type A Bride posts!
With my love,
The Type A Bride