first, why do an e-session (engagement session)?
- You feel SO much more comfortable | You and your fiance feel so much more comfortable in front of the camera and with your photographer. You’ll be that much more relaxed for beautiful images on your wedding day.
- Announce your engagement | Use the images to announce your engagement in the newspaper, to family, friends, and on save-the-dates.
- Have photos on your wedding day | Use the images as decor or favors on your wedding day.
- More excuses to look hot in front of the camera | Really. You both will look gorgeous and wouldn’t have to be in just your wedding gown and the tux on the day of your wedding. You’ll get more personalized images of how you two are really like – your style, your clothing, your love story.
- Have a date! | Take a break in all the busy planning to look fabulous and enjoy a truly romantic and fun date with your fiance! You both will love that you did that together by the end of the session.
Now, you know why. Here’s the how.
how to look fabulous for the engagement shoot | top 10 tips
tip 2 | avoid the matchy matchy | Avoid wearing the exact same colors/clothing style as your fiance. It’s visually appealing to coordinate rather than match.
tip 3 | fab shoes | Wear cute shoes! A punch of color on the shoes is a great statement. Fab shoes show. We’ll definitely photograph it.
tip 4 | dress up! | Remember these will be among the best photos of you two so dress up. You get photos taken all the time with your everyday outfits. These are magazine quality images of you two. It’s your chance to get your supermodel experience with fabulous shots in stylish outfits!
tip 5 | for hair and make-up, go professional | Trust us. There’s a big difference when you get quality, fabulous hair and make-up done by a pro. You go professional on your wedding day. Go for the best for your engagement session. You can also have your e-session be the excuse to have your trial run for your hair/make-up on your wedding!
tip 6 | bring more outfits! | You’ll have a variety of image styles of you and your fiance. Glam, dressy, chic, cute casual! Try a variety.
tip 7 | incorporate your hobbies | If there is any activity that you and your fiance really love to do, incorporate that into the engagement shoot. Personalize it! Recreate your 1st date. It will give you two that much more of a fun experience and capture true images of how you two are as a couple.
tip 8 | bring props | Include props that can add that much pizzazz to your shoot, that showcase you! Think of the details. Especially if you’d love to have your e-session photos in editorials, they look for all the details – favorite hobbies, sweets, snacks, or anything that depicts your love story.
tip 9 | pick a venue that fits you | Find a favorite location that has a history for you both or that resembles who you are or what you love to do. What place makes you two happy?
tip 10 | enjoy and be yourself! | Treat this as a time for you and fiance to just relax on a date. This is an experience you won’t forget, an experience you both will love.