“KNOW THY CLIENT. IT’S WHAT THEY’RE NOT TELLING YOU THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.”
who is andrew spurgin?
Executive director and chef of Waters Fine Catering, Andrew Spurgin has prepared menus for three U.S. Presidents, Soviet Union President Gorbachev, and Martha Stewart. Can you imagine being the chef for Martha Stewart?! A few highlights:
- ACE Award for Best Caterer in the West for 2009
- Spotlight Award as National Caterer of the Year
- Chef and baker of one of California’s first handcrafted on-premise bakery/restaurants
- Co-founder of Cooks Confab, a consortium of San Diego’s premier chefs who believe in “farm- and sea-to-table regional cuisine”
- ecological responsibility | recycling, biodegradable packaging
- bar service | unique mixology
- professional production | stunning surrounds – power, light, staging and talent
- comprehensive design
- custom menus
View Andrew Spurgin’s work here.
We had to hear him speak at WIPA.
what is wipa?
Wedding Industry Professionals Association – A national community for wedding professionals who want to be recognized as masters and innvators. The organization is dedicated to the wedding professionals: networking, sharing best practices, enhancing education, and improving the quality of their network.
An organization definitely worth checking out for you wedding vendors!
Learn more about how to join WIPA and its future events here.
We thoroughly enjoyed his presentation on how to “serve up the WOW!” for wedding receptions. Even as wedding photographers, we’re eager to learn how to make every part of the wedding a success! It’s important to us because it’s important to our brides.
The event was held at The Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort, one of our FAVORITE wedding venues – excellent service, excellent food, and a beautiful site.
Oh, the details
Delicious, delicious food
And even more important than the food – DESSERTS!
Complete with a brilliant build-your-own-ice-cream-bar compliments of The Hilton
- venue/catering | The Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort
- desserts | A Wish and a Whisk
- linens | BBJ Linens
- rentals | AFR Events
- wines | ONEHOPE Wine
- printing | The Card Lady
- florals | FlowerFusion
- chair rentals | Classic Party Rentals
the most important part of the evening
Meeting the talented people we have in the wedding industry
It is always a pleasure to meet with these star ladies:
(left to right aside from me)
- Joanna Park | Floral-Sense.com
- Stephanie Dinh | S Fine Dining and Final Touch Bakery
- Vivian Tran | VivianTran.com
Food + weddings, what are your thoughts on the topic? Leave a comment below.