We’ve officially converted to:
why did we choose lightroom vs. aperture?
Here’s a few reasons.
- Better performance (Aperture’s decreased over time)
- Faster application speed
- Importing only took minutes (vs. hours with Aperture)
- Better organization system for our workflow
- Noise reduction. Noise reduction. Noise reduction.
It’s been a learning curve but THANK God for:
They have the BEST Lightroom tutorials out there.
Now, some of you know we write for SLR Lounge. But this ain’t no shameless plug. We’ve searched around the internet and they’ve got everything you need to know in one place. And we mean everything.
why do they have the best tutorials?
- These videos go over EVERY topic from beginning to end. Perfect for newbies like us and people who’ve used it for years but never realized their full capabilities.
- Shows their personal studio workflow so you can learn from them
- They’re taught by other wedding photographers so you learn tools you’ll need for the trade
- Because they are video, you can fast forward and go through them quickly, at your own pace
- and, oh yes, they’re FREE
To view their Lightroom tutorials, go here. Scroll down to The Guides: Lightroom.
You can easily get lost because of the number of videos. So we recommend going in order and making sure you open a new tab to watch the videos. Keep one tab to this link here so you can always view the whole catalog of tutorials in one place at all times.
Try it out. Let us know what you think.