Introducing the lovely Harlyne J Norris Pavilion and fabulous Sixteen Fourteen Events wedding of Anthea and Chris!
love story (from the adorable bride)
We met while working at Get Shaved (shaved ice). We were friends for about a year and I was always throwing house parties. I tried to set him up with one of our co-workers (now friend), but they both agreed that they were better off as friends. A few months later he started to purse me, he thought he didn’t have a shot because I’m older (and cooler HAHA) than him, but I didn’t want to date him because I didn’t want to hurt my friend. After I talked to her and finally told her I was starting to like him, she told me that there were absolutely no feelings between them, and I had her blessing to date Chris. So Chris and I slowly started to date and five years later (six this coming November) here we are. 🙂
First off I knew he was going to propose. He was staying at my place while there was construction going on at his place, and I was snooping through his phone. I saw there was a tracking notification for my ring and forwarded the tracking number to my phone while he was in the shower. I told him after he proposed that I knew it had arrived.
He got the manager of Get Shaved (our friend from the story above ironically lol!) to ask me to go to brunch with another one of our old co-workers to just catch up and have brunch. She suggested that we all get dressed up and go. So the night before I was complaining to Chris about how I had to wake up early just to dress up and put makeup on. He laughed and told me it was going to be fine, and I dropped it from there.
After we had brunch, my friend said she forgot something at the store (Get Shaved) and asked if it was ok if we stopped by there before she dropped me home. I said it was ok and didn’t question it since she is the manager, but thought it was weird since you have to drive past my house to get to Get Shaved. When we got there my other friend started recording on her GoPro, which again I thought was weird since the store was closed and we’ve all practically lived there at one point. We walked in and Chris was behind the counter pretending to be a worker there and I knew what was going on and started to cry. He gave a speech (which I honestly don’t remember since I was crying so much) and I responded with a “Yeah, no shit!” Both of our families came out after, and we all ended up going to breakfast.. well they all ate, I was still stuffed.
the wedding day
Planned by the fabulous Sixteen Fourteen Events team!
Torrance wedding vendors
- photo | D. Park Photography | @dparkphoto
- planner | Sixteen Fourteen Events | @sixteenfourteenevents
- video | Shuttered Light Photography & Video | @shutteredlightphotography
- reception | Harlyne J. Norris Pavilion | @hjnorrispavilion | 501 Indian Peak Road Rolling Hills Estates, California 90275
- ceremony | St. Philomena Church | @spcarise | 21900 S Main St Carson, California 90745
- caterer | Colette’s Events | @colettescatering
- dessert | Get Shaved | @getshaved
- dessert | The Boba Truck | @thebobatruck
- floral | De Flora | @deflorala
- cake | Great Dane Baking Company | @greatdanebakingco
- DJ | Vox DJs | @voxdjs
- bridal makeup/hair | Jackie Su | @jackiesuartistry
- family makeup/hair | Vanity Belle | @vanitybelles
- photobooth/slow-mo booth | Third Eye Photobooth | @thirdeyephotobooth
- rentals | Harry’s Party Rentals | @harryspartyrental
- rentals | Circa Vintage Rentals | @circavintagerentals
- transportation | Party Bus | @partybusgroup
Congratulations, Anthea and Chris, on your incredible wedding. Thank you for all the amazing laughter and love! It was so wonderful to get to know you and celebrate the night away!
With all our love,
The DPARK Family
Leave a Reply