We are thrilled to share with you one of the most adorable couples we have ever met and their lovely Heritage Museum and Mon Cheri wedding!
the love story (from the bride)
When I first knew who Michael was, I thought he was obnoxious and he didn’t know I existed. We just happened to be at the same birthday mystery dinner together, with no formal introductions. Years later, we had the opportunity to meet again. We carpooled together to J-Lounge in LA for a birthday party. So when people ask us where or how we met, we like to say “AT THE CLUB!”
That evening, I found him very funny and charming (he opened the car doors for me and our friends). I sparked his interest when he saw that I was very independent at the club and didn’t need him to “save” me from guys that would come up our group of girls.
I actually moved up to Sacramento for a business opportunity about a month after we started talking. We decided to be a couple and he started driving up to see me 3 out of the 4 weekends. And I would drive down for one weekend. This lasted about 7 months until I moved back to Orange County. We’ve been together ever since.
romantic proposal (from the bride)
It was Christmas Eve, and we both had to work. After work, I went to his house for dinner. We decided to open presents, since we’d be spending Christmas with family and wouldn’t have any other opportunity.
So we sat and opened up our presents. It seemed pretty normal, except for the fact that Mike had his jacket on the whole time. He had taken it off while we were eating dinner but within a minute of taking it off, he put it back on saying he was cold. I didn’t think much of it because I personally run cold all the time.
After presents were done, I was thinking of what to do next, when he suddenly said something to the effect of there being one more thing. He handed me a long envelope with my name on it and walked away. I opened it and it was a picture of me and him at J-Lounge (our 1st official meeting). I looked at it and thought it was weird, but then I decided to flip it over to see if there was something else. When I flipped the picture over, there were the words “Will you marry me?” in Michael’s writing.
I instantly turned around, where I found Michael on one knee with the ring in his hands. =)
the wedding day
Congratulations to the two adorable lovebirds! We had such a blast getting to know you and capture you both and your loved ones. You guys were so much fun!
Seriously, a lot of fun.
With all our love,
The DPARK Family
- Wedding Photographers | D. Park Photography Associates Russell + Cara
- Getting Ready Venue | The Hotel Huntington Beach | 7667 Center Avenue, Huntington Beach, California 92647
- Wedding Ceremony Venue | Heritage Museum of Orange County | 3101 West Harvard St, Santa Ana, CA 92704
- Cocktail Hour/Reception Venue | Mon Cheri | 12821 Harbor Blvd Ste #H-18, Garden Grove, CA 92840
- Heritage Museum Coordinator | Jamie Hiber
- DJ | Dewey Ninh of Vietnamese DJ
- Officiant | Aunt Meredith Nguyen
- Videographer | Niis Cinematography
- Hair Stylist/Makeup Artist | Vivian Tran
- Caterer | Mon Cheri
- Cake | Van’s Artist
- Bridal Gown | Allure Bridal
- Bridal Shoes | BCBG
- Necklace | Waffles & Honey Jewelry
- Earrings | R.H. Macy’s & Co.
- Bridesmaids Gowns | Alfred Angelo
- Groom/Groomsmen Tuxes | BLACK by Vera Wang
- Rentals | Signature Party Rentals
- Florist | Magnolia Florist
- Ceremony/Cocktail Singer | Jessica Louise Garcia
- Gelato | Mangiamo Gelato Caffe
- Cardboard Cutouts | All Blown Up
Check out their ADORABLE Korean pop inspired studio engagement here!