So blessed to share with you one of the most beautiful and emotionally stirring weddings we’ve captured!
A gorgeous Pakistani bride
A handsome Japanese Hawaiian groom
Deeply in love and surrounded by so many that love them
Introducing the vibrant, stunning, playful and unforgettable multicultural wedding of Sharmeen and Michael!
the love story
Sharmeen & Michael met working at HP 10 years ago.
As friends, they stayed in touch over the years. Years later, they reconnected when Michael moved to Boston for business school. Sharmeen lived there at the time, and their friendship rekindled. Sharmeen asked Michael to teach her how to rock climb, looking to overcome her fear of heights. He was someone she trusted deeply. They started climbing together regularly, eventually realizing that this was more than just friendship.
Michael took Sharmeen to visit his parents in Hawaii.
On the beach in front of the house where his mother grew up, Michael proposed. The home is a very special place for Michael – peaceful and beautiful. It was the perfect most romantic place for him to propose.
A Sangeet is a fabulous tradition, a large party full of parading, dancing and celebrating the night away before the wedding day!
Sharmeen took our breath away when we saw her. She was beautiful.
Sharmeen and her gorgeous ladies in her dubbed “bridal posse”
Sharmeen and Michael’s first look
The beautiful couple
The sangeet was officially kicked off by the traditional baraat, the groom’s wedding procession. Michael rode in elegantly on a white horse with his loved ones to meet his bride and her family.
It was quite a night.
The evening was full of laughter
Michael had especially made for Sharmeen a precious traditional gift, an elegant hand-carved dagger that he presented to her at the Sangeet.
They had amazing performances!
Oh man, these two guys were one of my all-time favorites.
Sharmeen is a talented dance choreographer. When she and Michael performed, it was incredible!
She is such a natural.
Aren’t they adorable?!
the wedding day
Every detail. Simply beautiful.
The stunning bride
A moment alone with her mom
Michael’s surprise gift to Sharmeen as she got ready
We had a surprise guest during the getting ready – this little cutie!
Even the groom had all his details down to a tee.
The handsome groom
The wedding was held at the lovely Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
It was such a heartwarming ceremony, from the moment they first saw each other.
To how the clouds parted and the sun came in to shine on their ceremony.
We got to capture the romantics at the blooming Flower Fields in Carlsbad.
Then, it was time to get ready for the evening reception. And, oh man, the bride and groom’s transformation that night!
Love all the stunning details of the Pakistani bridal attire
Isn’t Sharmeen absolutely breathtaking?!
And their dazzling reception
An intricate Japanese traditional gift and artwork by the mother of the groom, a thousand origami cranes decorated the entrance into the reception:
The evening was glittered with beautiful dances
And heartwarming moments
All in all, the wedding was simply perfect.
Congratulations, Michael and Sharmeen, on finding the one whom your soul loves. Your wedding touched our hearts and the love that flows from you both and that surrounds you both amaze us. It was truly a blessing to get to be there, and a blessing to get to know you both.
May God bless you and may you live CHAPPILY ever after!
With all our love and hugs,
The DPARK Family
carlsbad wedding vendors
- photo | D. Park Photography | email@example.com
- venue | Omni La Costa Resort & Spa | 2100 Costa Del Mar Road, Carlsbad, CA 92009
- site coordinator | Julieta Arroyo
- romantics venue | The Flower Fields | 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- officiant | David Chapp
- caterer | New Aashiana
- snacks caterer | Zeenat Manya
- dj/lighting | Nick Datwani of Legacy DJ | @legacyevents
- sangeet hair | Anna K | @hairbyanaak
- sangeet makeup/ceremony hair/makeup | Lulu and Bass
- reception hair/makeup/dupatta setting | Nida Gazi | @beautybyng
- henna | Wardah Halim | @hennatrends
- stage/hall decor/flowers | Widad | @royalfloristdesigns
- video | J. Gregory Film
- florist | Royal Florist Designs
- ice cream cookie sandwiches | The Baked Bear
- cake | Edelweiss Bakery
- reception gown | Bunto Kazmi
- reception jewelry | Jaipur & Co
- ceremony earrings/necklace | Cartier
- engagement ring | Brilliant Earth
- wedding ring | Bony Levy
- ceremony colors | orange, sage green, purple
- reception colors | gold and white
- horse | Enchanted Carriages
- sangeet colors | purple, blue, green