the love story
We met in San Francisco through mutual friends. Chris’ roommate and ex-coworker worked at the same company that Kori started to work for when she moved to San Francisco. Both are actually in our wedding party! We met two weeks after Kori moved to San Francisco at Chris’ birthday party but did not start dating until a few months later.
Chris planned a fake business trip to Paso Robles. He booked a cute bed and breakfast and had the hosts in on the ruse. We did some wine tasting. Visited an old high school friend of Kori’s. Then went to dinner where Chris had already made reservations and plans to propose. When the dessert menu came out it was a special menu with two options: the “Say Yes” and the “Say No.” Kori chose the “Say Yes.” The next day was Father’s Day, so to add to the surprise Chris had invited Kori’s father and step mother to come to Paso Robles for the day.
What a Romeo.
the wedding day
We were floored at how beautiful Kori was when we saw her on the wedding day.
The gorgeous details of Kori
LOVE looking at a wedding through the eyes of the adorable kiddos <3
Kori’s such a sweetheart – she had surprise gifts for all her bridesmaids.
Getting ready to put on the dress.
One of our favorite candids of the wedding day. Such a beautiful family.
Love Kori’s smile.
Look at that beautiful flower girl! She was so adorably amazed at watching the bridal transformation.
Kori, that gown!!! You are such a gorgeous bride.
The stunning bride
The gentleman groom’s details and getting ready
Their first look
With such a gorgeous Los Angeles skyline view in the background!
Fun times with the bridesmaids and groomsmen
Time to say “I do!”
Gah, my favorite photo of you two! Kori, you are so adorable!
There is no wedding reception quite like a downtown rooftop party. As always, Modern LA Weddings did a phenomenal job capturing the design and the details for Kori and Chris’ unforgettable wedding reception.
What a view!
Surprise silhouettes for all the guests to enjoy
What a first dance.
Kori surprised Chris with a vibrant and lively Hawaiian dance performance.
One of our favorite people to photograph at the wedding is the Father of the Bride
So many precious emotions to capture in the dad’s eyes.
The couple surprised the guests with a Whiskey & Cigar Lounge to add to the celebration.
From two lovebirds who just turned Mr. + Mrs. the week before,
Congratulations to a truly amazing couple, beautiful inside and out! What an awesome night to celebrate <3
With all our love,
The DPARK Family
- Oviatt Penthouse Wedding Photographers | D. Park Photography Associates Russell + Cara
- Getting Ready Venue | Los Angeles Athletics Club
- Ceremony/Reception Venue | Oviatt Penthouse | 617 S. Olive St. Penthouse, Los Angeles, CA 90014
- Wedding Planner and Designer | Hovik Harutyunyan of Modern Los Angeles Weddings
- DJ | DJ Keelez
- Officiant | Ryan Joneson
- Hair Stylist | Adina Doss
- Makeup Artist | Shannella Dupuis
- Florist | Peony and Plum
- Caterer | Truly Yours Catering
- Invitations | Forever Fiances
- Bride’s Gown | Rose DeSimone Bridal, Couture
- Bride’s Heels | Cole Haan
- Groom’s Tux | Mr. Tuxedo
- Groom’s Shoes | Donald Pliner
- Bride’s Ring | Chris’ greatgrandmother’s ring
- Groom’s Ring | Custom designed by Jewelry by Joha
- Cigar Bar | El Canito Cigar Events
- Silhouette Artist | Silhouette’s by Candice
- Hawaiian Dancers | Tausala Polynesia
- Wedding Colors | Slate, gold, blush, mint, blood orange
Check out their chic city engagement here!