CONGRATULATIONS and hugs to all you happily engaged couples!
I know it’s exciting and…a lot.
But take a deep breath! It’s going to be amazing.
And we want to help. So let’s talk wedding invitations!
(photos courtesy of Basic Invite)
When do you send what?
- Save-the-Dates | 6-9 Months Before the Wedding (for Destination Weddings, ideally 1 Year)
- Wedding Shower Invitations | 6-8 Weeks Before
- RSVP Deadline | 3-4 Weeks Before
top secrets for wedding invites
Here are the exclusive inside tips that can save you time and give you more peace of mind:
- Only order enough for each household, not each guest!
- Order a few dozen extra invitations just in case.
- Get the whole set at once: programs, menus, thank you cards, welcome bag notes or favor tags. This way they can all match and you’ll get the best deal!
- Give a short RSVP deadline (like 3-4 weeks) so guests don’t forget. Be sure it’s a few weeks earlier than when vendors need the final headcount.
- Number your RSVPs! Write down which number was sent to which household. People tend to forget to put their names on the RSVP card.
- Spell everything out. It’s clearer (and elegant) to say Post Office Box or Apartment instead of the abbreviated names. Mr. and Mrs. are the exception.
- Have the right amount of postage for each! Weigh your final invite and stamp accordingly. You do not want all of them sent back to you.
So who do we recommend for invitations?
Time and again, couples tell us that when making invites it’s important that they are:
- Have lots of options
- Good customer service
- And, most importantly, that it was easy.
why Basic Invite is fabulous
That’s why we’re excited to show Basic Invite off to you today. They are fabulous because they’re:
- All Customizable | Just click around and edit any part of the invitation (text or graphic).
- Have Lots of Options | They’ve got 150+ different color options for the invites and 40+ different color envelopes.
- Prioritizing That It Looks Just Right with Proofs | It’s hard to imagine your invitation when you’ve got so many options but they actually give you a printed sample before you order your batch of 150 invites!
- Offering the Whole Set | They have over 200 wedding invitation sets so you can complete the look with all your stationery (save-the-dates, bridal shower invitations, wedding invitations, menus, programs, thank you cards – which looks awesome in photos and in your album).
- Actually Really Good at Customer Service | You can even chat live with a rep (Oh man, that makes life so much easier).
- So Easy | Make your invites online in your PJs while sippin’ on hot cocoa (or maybe a mimosa!). PLUS it’s Peel-and-Seal envelopes (oh man, your tongue will thank you)
get 15% OFF Basic Invite invitations
Just for our DPARK family, the lovely team at Basic Invite is giving you 15% off here using the coupon code: 15FF51
Check out more from Basic Invite below:
more wedding secrets please
What wedding secrets do you want in on next my dears? Any tips you want to share? Would love to hear from you! Message us a hello and your ideas darlin’!
With our love,
The DPARK Family