Blessed to share with you this absolutely adorable, fun-loving and beautiful couple’s Wayfarers Chapel wedding ceremony and Betty H Reckas Cultural Center wedding reception, coordinated by the fabulous B-Spoke Events!
love story (from the couple)
Daniel and I technically met for the first time during an active shooter lock-down at Cal State Fullerton where we were both studying Mechanical Engineering.
I will never forget him barging into our lab/clubhouse, yelling out that he was starving, and filling up a box with snacks to take back to his class upstairs.
As one of the few women in the program, Daniel noticed me immediately and began asking around if I was dating anyone (I was at the time). A few months later, when he found out I was no longer seeing anyone, he told all the guys in lab that he was going to try to impress me with his brother’s car and ask me on a date. After a few weeks of hearing all the guys tell me how great Daniel was, and one failed attempt to impress me with a Porsche, Daniel and I got to know each other in between classes and learned just how much we had in common and developed an incredible friendship.
Over time, that friendship grew into the loving and supportive relationship we have today.
romantic proposal (from the couple)
A year into our relationship, I joked with Daniel that we would get married December 3, 2016 and made an event on his Google calendar. He never deleted it and, as years passed, he decided it was going to be the day he proposed to me.
A week before the 3rd, he suggested that we should go up to the mountains after work that weekend and stargaze (since it’s one of my favorite things to do).
We packed some blankets, bundled up in our sweatshirts, and made our way up to the mountains, only to discover all the roads were closed for the night. We drove around all the neighborhoods until we finally found a spot that overlooked the city and, as I looked up at the stars, Daniel started telling me how much he loved me. I could tell he was nervous, which then made me nervous, so I started to ramble and make jokes to ease the tension.
Of course, this ruined the whole speech he rehearsed, but he still loved me enough to get down on one knee in the dirt and ask me to marry him.
the wedding day
Wayfarers Chapel and Betty H Reckas Cultural Center Long Beach wedding vendors
- photo | D. Park Photography | @dparkphoto
- event planner | B-Spoke Events | @bspokeevents
- getting ready venue | Double Tree by Hilton |
- ceremony venue | Wayfarers Chapel | @wayfarerschapel1 | 5755 Palos Verdes Dr. S., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
- reception venue | Betty H Reckas Cultural Center | 5761 E Colorado St, Long Beach, CA 90814
- romantics venue | Hilltop Park | 2351 Dawson Ave, Signal Hill, CA 90755
- DJ | Jose Limon | @deejaylemon
- caricature | Digital Event Caricature | @courtjonesartist
- caterer | Thank Goodness It’s Sofia (TGIS) | @tgiscaterering
- cake | Miss Priss Cupcakes | @missprisscupcakesandsuch
- hair | Hair Designs by Ashley | @ashleyzarember
- florals | Oceanic Flowers | @oceanicflowers
- transportation | Classy Chassis Rentals | @classychassisrentals
- rentals | Stephanie’s Linens | stephanieslinens
- invitations | Minted | @minted
- dress | Vera Wang
- rings | Ritani / Titanium Buzz
- colors | dark blue, dark grey, white
- theme | whimsical forest, natural
CONGRATULATIONS, Lauren + Daniel, on an unforgettable in love in winter wonderland wedding! Laughing then tearing up the whole day through, we had such an incredible time capturing you and your loved ones. Thank you for the honor of capturing you both my dears <3 May God richly bless you and your future together!
With all our love,
The DPARK Family
See more from their romantic Cal-State Fullerton machine shop engagement here!